Monday, March 15, 2021

Sunday

The usual slow Sunday. After morning rituals, I changed the non-digital clocks. I didn't really have any problem with Daylight Saving Time. 

Did a fair amount of food prep. Halved, microwaved, and seeded an acorn squash, prepared some frozen onions and peppers for dinner stir-fry, and pared and trimmed a number of yams. Instead of microwaving them, I did them the old-fashioned way: put them in a big pot of cold water, brought it to a boil, then simmered until they were tender. 

I then got my cart and set off for Ralph's on Victoria. I had just gone out the gate when I realized it was really chilly and wind was unpleasantly intense. The hell with it, I thought, so I turned around and went to Von's instead. 

After that, I was at loose ends. Just did some hidden object games on the laptop, charged my phone, and otherwise moped around. However, I was pleasantly surprised when Helen Crawford called. I had gotten a--bogus, I was sure and I was right--PM from her, so had called her a few days ago. She called back and we had an enjoyable talk. We agreed to keep in touch.

I forgot to mention that Ellen called on Saturday night and we had one of our good talks. (Talking with my children is always good.) She gets her second vaccine shot on April 1; luckily, the next day is Good Friday and she's off. I hope she doesn't get a bad reaction, but she's anticipating one, I'm afraid.

I called niece Francine in Oakland, to ask how my brother, Frank, is doing. He's now in a facility, which is surely the best place for him--his dementia is considerably more advanced than Betty's--and she thinks seems contented. She said she'd like to bring him to visit for Easter and I said I'd like that. She's going to call Carolyn to check with her. 

When I got up, it was raining. I hope it doesn't last through the day; I just find it so dreary.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...