Friday, March 05, 2021

Various And Venereal Disease

I was inside virtually all day! That was a drag, but I got a few things done. I've been trying to clean out my closets of the things I haven't worn for ages. Did some--about ten tops I thought I could do without--and put them in the box for the thrift store.  

Why was I inside? Because I had committed to seeing a "Storytellers" Zoom program at 4:00. Carolyn B. had invited me to see it and I didn't want to hurt her feelings by refusing. Actually, it wasn't bad. There were four people telling "growing up" stories, but not exactly from childhood. Maybe it should have been called "growing out," or something, as it concerned more an expansion of ideas and so on. I thought the first person was a little boring--her "story" was predictable and the old lady even more so (sweetsie-poo). I did like the Latino man who had lost an eye in childhood and a young autistic woman, tubby and not pretty, who had a lonely girlhood, but actually got to speak a line in a movie. Always and forever, I identify with those who don't fit in. I'm toying with the idea of seeing if I can apply to present. 

Earlier, I went over to Von's for Dave's Killer Bread, the only kind I eat. Got an email from LeAnn at Prime Management (Sunrise Bay), asking for a copy of the new lease, plus my new tenants' phone numbers, so she can ask them to provide proof of age. Also got an email from accountant, Michelle, asking about some tax stuff; called her and we discussed it. Got a bill from Bill for $150 for re-wiring the smoke alarm in the study. You can be sure I'm going to withhold that from Eileen's deposit.

After the Storyteller thing, I had to get out.  Walked and bused to the mall for Target and blueberries, so got in two miles, at least, and felt much invigorated. 

Called Ellen to hear she got her first dose.* She got Moderna, so has to wait until April 1 for the second.   

I called the office--twice--about the water situation. There's nothing wrong with the quality and we don't have to boil it, but it's coming out of the faucet in only a thin stream. I was told there's some kind of delivery problem and that maintenance is going from apartment to apartment to remedy it. I hope they get to me soon.  

*Ha--"got a dose" used to be slang for acquiring venereal disease. 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...