Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Tuesday

I called Little Egg Township and, wouldn't you know, my former tenant was right: To get a C.O. five years ago, I had to add a smoke alarm in the study because it has a closet, so they consider it a bedroom. Either they  added the stipulation that it had to be connected to the others recently or I was breaking the law for five years, but who cares? I apologized to Eileen and sent her a reimbursement check.

Talked to Carolyn to find that the transition for Betty went fairly smoothly. I called her, but she was engaged in her Bingo game, so said I'd call later. 

Walked to Ralph's for blueberries, broccoli, and lettuce, then back, so got my three in. I had been uneasy about two days (because of my company) without walking or any other exercise, so was glad to do it.

After lunch, I called my friend, Noreen, who had been in my acting group. I was sorry to hear that her son, who lived in an RV in her driveway, had died in December. He was a drinker, she said, and had cirrhosis of the liver. As for Noreen, she had both knees replaced and no longer had pain, which I was glad to know. We made a date for lunch next Wednesday at Finney's Craft House in town--YAY!  

Did the Zoom Happy Hour thing with Nancy and Carolyn. The latter has to get some kind of eye surgery next Tuesday--she was vague about what it is--cataracts, even though she's only 58?--and with her usual attitude of certainly that things will not go well, speculated that she wouldn't come through it better than she was before.

My friend, Stella, called and asked if I'd meet her today after my doctor's appointment (just a three-month checkup of the basal cell removal) so we would walk the promanade in town. I agreed and hope I can persuade her to lunch after. 


No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...