Monday, March 01, 2021

And The Beat Goes On...

                                                                         MONDAY

Unbelievable: I was just awakened (5:55 am) by a number of texts from realtor Kim (I have a notification ping on my phone) with pictures of various drawers and cabinets that need to be cleaned at the house. Some have cleaning supplies in them. Also, wicker furniture and clay pots were left on the porch. I immediately called Kim. She said she'll send the name and number of a cleaning service, which I'll call now. She also said Eileen had left wicker furniture and clay pots on the porch. I texted Eileen to ask if she wants them. Finally, Kim said the new tenants don't actually have closing on their own house (yes, they just sold it) until Friday--and here, we were frantically running around trying to finish today. Okay, things have gotta improve...I keep hoping... 

SUNDAY

Having finished breakfast and the crossword, I was at the laptop with my second coffee, when the phone rang at 10:05 am.  It was my soon-to-be-former tenant, Eileen, very agitated, who called to tell me "the new people" (my present tenants) had pulled into the driveway with a huge truck and wanted to put things in, and I got mad, and he was nasty, and wha, wha, wha.blah. What?! Eileen, you told me it was all right for them to put some things in the garage after one o'clock on Sunday. Yes, but they had this big truck and I still had to clean the bathroom... AAGH!

After we hung up, I immediately called Kim and she said she'd notify the new tenants' agent and apologize and explain. Okay, but damn! After going through all the other travail, I was hoping at least Clifford and Susan would have a smooth beginning to their tenancy, but clearly, that wasn't in the cards. All right, there's nothing I can do about it, so the hell with it. Ellen called and I told her about the whole tale since the freakin' post office screwed up; felt a little relieved after that. I was happy to hear El has a first vaccine appointment on Thursday.

Packed up my income tax crapola and walked to Michelle's to leave it off.  I chatted with her a bit, which was pleasant. She's a little recovered from her reaction to her second shot, but still not up to par.

I had intended to take a bus to WinCo, but none was due, so I walked, so probably, all told, got in my basic three. Bought the various things I can only get there, then took the 11 to the transit center and the 10 home. 

Note: For some weird reason, it won't go to "left align" above, so I'm just going to leave it.

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...