Sunday, March 07, 2021

Saturday

Called Betty early just to say hello. I got a text from her daughter-in-law, Robyn, asking me some family ancestral info--she and Steve have a 14-year-old son. Went over to Von's for lettuce for my egg sandwich (preparing for my lunch with Jim).

 Brother Larry called from Miami to ask if I had heard from brother Frank--no. Actually, you don't "hear from" Frank anymore; you try to get to his daughters. Larry's wife, Helen (sadly depleted now) and daughter, Elaine, were on speaker phone, and we enjoyed chatting.

Met Jim in the middle at 1:00. We had our usual far-reaching conversation, during which son Mike called. It was only about 3:30 and I really couldn't talk then. Asked him to call in the evening, as  he had intended. 

I'm still reading the John Huston bio and found that the philosopher, Sartre, was his co-script writer on Huston's movie, Freud. They despised each other. Since Jim teaches philosophy, he was interested in hearing this. We also discussed my Acting for Amateurs group, where he and I met when he was my student. Neither one of us could remember all the participants so I want to look up some of the programs and pictures. Damn, those were the days--what I'd give to start up another class. 

We sat until 4:00, then Jim left and I took the bus to Ralph's. I was just about to cross Victoria Avenue when Mike called again. Good grief, there was an enormous amount of traffic, it was very noisy, and what possessed him? However, I got to see and exchange a few words with beautiful twelve-year-old Violet, who was dejectedly waiting for her math tutor (boy, I can relate), then said a bare hello with gorgeous sixteen-year-old Vivian.  Mike said he and Paula were going out for brunch with friends, but he'd try getting me in the evening; if it doesn't work out, we'll have to wait until next weekend. He did call about (my) 8:00 pm and I so enjoyed seeing my boy. 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...