Friday, March 26, 2021

Thursday

Called Stella and we decided that, after my mammogram appointment at 10:45 today, we'd meet at WinCo at noon. She'll then drive us to The Promenade for a walk and Aloha for lunch. 

I straightened up a bit, preparing for Jim's arrival and met him out front at 1:00. It was very windy, so we were both glad to lunch inside. Had some good talk and some laughs. He had asked if I wanted to read a bio of Jack London, I said yes, and he brought it over. I had been at London's house in Glen Ellen, but years ago. 

Jim left at 4:30, then Ellen called. We had a good long talk, which included the possibility of me changing my dental appointment to June. She tried to get the second vaccine shot on Thursday next week, but slots were all filled for then and Friday, so she reserved Saturday, the day before Easter. If she has a strong reaction, that means I may not see her on Easter, but I'm reconciled. However, after we talked, I went over to Von's. Stopped at the pharmacy and asked what the chances were that El could get her shot there. Pharnacist said it was possible, as they were canceling some who live in Santa Barbara. I called El immediately to tell her. She checked on Venturarecovers.com, but was unable to get an appointment, she'l keep trying.  

Called T.O.P.S. leader, Lolly, to say I probably wouldn't be there today. I couldn't dress in my weigh-in clothes, attend, then go home, have breakfast, change, and take the bus to get to my mammogram appointment by 10:15. I was surprised when she suggested I come in regular clothes, skip the weigh-in, then she'd drive me to Rolling Oaks Radiology. I accepted with thanks, then was more surprised when she suggested we have lunch together before she moves to Banning. We decided on next Wednesday at Rice, a Thai restaurant in town. 

 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...