Saturday, March 27, 2021

Stella And Other Stuff

 Oops, I accidentally put "Wednesday" on yesterday's post and, of course, it was Thursday. Corrected it.

I dressed in regular clothes, not my usual weigh-in ones, and went out to the middle of the complex for the T.O.P.S. gathering. Considering there were only three of us--Lolly, Lennie, and me--it could hardly be called a meeting, but we were there. After the other two weighed in and a little conversation, Lolly took me to Rolling Oaks Radiology for my mammogram. But--I got there more than an hour and a half early early. Okay, no prob, I'd just wait. However, I was called in early and had the procedure. Released, I walked to WinCo, where I was to meet Stella at noon and yoicks, it was only 10:45! I called Stella to see if she wanted to come early, but she was just getting up and having her coffee and had to shower...

So I spent a lot of time browsing in this store and that. Actually, that turned out to be a good thing, because I stopped in to Burlington (maybe it used to be Burlington Coat Factory--dunno) and found the one-serving little casseroles with lids I've been wanting and hadn't found elsewhere. I'll go back one of these days to get them.

Stella got there at 12:00 we got groceries in WinCo, then went to Target, then the discount Uggs store. By the time we finally made it to Aloha for lunch it was almost 2:00. I had a nice rare-juicy hamburger and an even nicer pale ale and enjoyed them. We then walked a good distance on The Promenade--I think about two miles out and two back, which I was glad to get in. Happily, Stella didn't link arms, as she has done in the past, and she picked up her pace a bit, while I slowed mine, so our walk went well. It was very windy, though, as it has been lately. 

Stella is one of those people who are positive that around every corner is a disease, accident, serial killer, rotted portion of seafood, or other catastrophe aimed at herself alone. I don't mean just COVID, with which many are preoccupied and that's understandable in this day and age. But she seems to have an inordinate number of fears from the killer bacteria lurking everywhere to the homeless, dedicated to her demise. It gets wearing, believe me, but I managed to steer her away from the terrors that be and into more agreeable topics, so we had a pretty enjoyable day. 

Picked up my mail when I got home and got a disconcerting letter from Blue Shield telling me that my dentist is no longer in the network. Called Ellen and we talked about it, also the fact that I'm going to switch my appointment to June and find another dentist. 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...