Wednesday, March 10, 2021

At Anne's With Gayle

 I forgot to mention that Monday evening, Gayle B. called to say we were on for lunch yesterday (bringing our own, of course) at Anne's today. Gayle said she'd pick me up and Anne would take me home. I didn't realize they both live in Port Hueneme, a suburb of Oxnard, although Gayle would be coming from the nail salon in Ventura.

After changing the bed and doing two loads of wash, I went over to Von's for lunchmeat and a toy for Anne's new little puppy. Showered, washed my hair, and packed up my insulated lunch carrier. 

Gayle picked me up at 1:00 and off we went. Anne's townhouse, which she recently bought, is so attractive and nicely decorated. Her new puppy, Trooper, is such a cutie even I like him. We were given a tour of the house, then sat down for lunch (we each brought our own). I had a Blue Moon with me, but I also had some "hard lemonade" that Anne provided. Yum.

We talked and talked and laughed and talked and boy, it was great to be with others in the flesh and not on some damn screen. We went over to Gayle's house then so I could see her backyard. It's impressive, although the house is pretty dismal.

Anne then took me home--I didn't get in until quarter of six. Called Nancy to tell her about my day and was glad to hear she gets the second vaccine dose tomorrow and, by the end of the month, said she'll come over to my place. That was good to hear, but I was concerned that she was out of breath just talking on the phone. I asked about that and she said she may have to get her heart valve rechecked--there had been some concern about it before.

Gail M. (the other Gail) called while I was at Anne's to say she had some kind of emergency today, so couldn't meet me here for lunch. In truth, that was all right with me. For one thing, it's been chilly and very windy lately, plus it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Also, Gail isn't a very stimulating companion, I'm afraid. I find her a little tedious, so it's just as well.

Today, I'm determined to continue going over my closets and cabinets to see what else I can donate. I need to free up more space so I can get out from under. 




No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...