Saturday, March 13, 2021

Friday

At home: 127.2, so down 1.2; at T.O.P.S: 127.8, so down .07 (or 0.7?).

At T.O.P.S., we were taken aback to learn that our long-time leader, Lolly, has sold her condo and is moving to Banning. I'm not sure why, but I had the idea she was only modestly fixed, but she mentioned she got $770,000 for the condo, and she owns the one in Banning, so maybe she not in the food stamp line yet.

I was relieved to get an email response from my tenant about the eighty bucks they owe for the water bill. She'll send me a check. I went to the P.O. to mail the cashier's check and my eighty-buck check to Eileen, the former tenant. I added a cover letter telling her why I was deducting $150 from the deposit. This time, I sent it priority mail--clearly, certified is just a joke--which cost me $9.90. 

Speaking of that joke--and boy, you laugh so you don't cry--I finally went in to "track" (another howler) the documents I sent on February and read that that mail would be "late." What a surprise, considering I sent it on February 9. Anyway, I raised hell with the about it to the branch manager and he asked me to wait. I did, for about fifteen minutes. He came back to tell me he had tried to contact Tennessee--I guess it's a waylay station or something--and couldn't get them. I had no thought of asking for a refund, but he offered, so I took it. What an ordeal and what a sorry change in what used to be an institution you could rely on.

After lunch, I walked to Smart 'n' Final and the shop next door for chicken quarters, lettuce, marinade, and Easter cards. Home, I dressed the chicken with the marinade and popped them in the oven. Pared some of the yams I had bought the other day. Wrote out and mailed the cards to Asia; will hold the ones for the states until later. Called Jim to see how his class went. This is the one where the college had him compress an 18-week class into 8 weeks; it's a math/logic class. He's taught it for years, but always at the longer length. Left a message. 

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...