Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Things Have Improved--I Think

Before breakfast, as usual on Tuesdays, I stripped the bed, re-made, and washed whites. Did some food prep later, including my roasted tomatoes and trimming of Brussels sprouts.  

I'm a little leery about writing "things have improved" on the business front; I've thought that so many times, but then hopes were blasted. However...things have improved. I received a copy of the code of occupancy document from Kim and a "completed" call from the cleaning service, so--unless some other catastrophic thing happens, and it might--it looks as if the house stuff, at least, is okay.

Whether the bank is, is questionable. I called after breakfast and, regarding the Venture Couinty (the "i" was alerted me to the fraud), I understand that was blocked. Of course, my debit card was hacked, I guess, so it's blocked, too; they'll send a new one within ten days. That's not so bad, since I use credit cards almost exclusively. 

Speaking of which, I walked across to get a pedicure from Nails D'Elegance (so convenient, as it's in the Von's shopping center) and greatly enjoyed it. However, it's been so long since I've been there, that I forgot they don't accept anything except cash (I almost never use it) and checks. Had to go back and get one, then drop it off, but that was okay, because I wanted to stop at Von's. Did that, in order to get turkey breast and grapes for the lunch I'll bring to Betty's today.  Called her from the nail place to remind her. I'll do the same this morning--looking forward to seeing my sis!

Send a St. Pat's Day card to my little grandson in Japan, but I can't quite figure out his ethnicity. His Dad is three-quarters, his Mom only Japanese, so what does that make him? Had virtual Happy Hour with Nancy and Carolyn at 5:00. Nothing new with them--but then, there never seems to be.

Called Ellen in the evening and we chatted. She gets the first vaccine dose tomorrow.

 


 


No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...