Saturday, March 20, 2021

T.O.P.S. And Natalie Wood

127.0 home and 127.6 at T.O.P.S., so each showed a loss of .02. That's of no importance, but what is, is that the chapter may be disbanding. Only Lolly, Cheryl, and I were there today and we were startled to hear that Cheryl has decided to discontinue coming. She says she isn't losing weight and she doesn't get anything out of it. I don't blame her in the least, but I hated to hear it, as she and I are compatible when it comes to pacifism and religion (or a dearth thereof). Since Lolly is moving in a few weeks, that leaves only Bobbi, Lennie, and me and frankly, I don't get much out of it, either. The question is--now that I have a scale, why do I need it? That whole "inspirational" thing that everybody seems to revere, is just bullcrap to me. I had to devise a regimen that works for me, and so far, I'm maintaining with mine and have been for several years. But it took a lot of thought and questioning of common beliefs and that can be disturbing to many. 

But enough of that: After, breakfast I took the footbridge to the park and the little lending library, something I haven't done for weeks. Left off several books and DVDs and borrowed a number of Jonathan Kellerman's stuff. I like the idea that he lives in L.A. and sometimes mentions Ventura. Also, his books are just the right kind to read for recreation: They're absorbing, then quickly forgotten--a kind of brain candy. 

Called Betty and she seemed fairly content. She still doesn't seem to realize she's in a different place and she gets mixed up between Wes, her late husband and Wes, her son. Made an appointment for May 17 for my dental work. 

Walked the long way home, so got in about four miles. After lunch, bused to town and went my usual rounds, so another mile and a half, I guess. I bought a light jacket and the DVD, believe it or not, of Miracle On 34th Street, which includes both the original black and white and a colorized version. I actually started watching the color version last night and was interested in how acting styles have so radically changed. You always knew the actors were acting and, aside from adorable little Natalie Wood, they seemed wooden and not truly involved. It's fun to watch, though--that vanished world I knew so long ago. 


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...