Sunday, February 28, 2021

Smoke And John Huston

Well, okay, the news is a bit better: Oceanside Carpet cleaned the carpets and sent me pictures via text. They look fine, plus Bill went over and wired the smoke alarm in the study to connect to the others, so I hope it will pass inspection this time. I was very annoyed that Eileen would have this added and I emailed Kim to ask if I can take what Bill charges out of her security deposit. Of course, I am in possession of the two very nice ceiling fans that she installed, but still--.

I spent most the of the morning--about three hours--pulling together my income tax info and readying it for Michelle. I called her and found she had gotten the second COVID shot on Friday, too, but unlike me, who had no bad reaction, she did. Said she had a splitting headache and was tired. I told her I'd walk over my stuff this afternoon. She lives only a mile and a half or so away and, considering my experience with the P.O., I didn't trust them to get it to her.  Bused to Wal-Mart and picked up a few thing. Walked part of the way back

Betty called and we talked for a bit. I called Carolyn later and asked if it was okay for me to visit on Wednesday. She was delighted (she'll be out of town), so I'll do that. Am I looking forward to seeing my twin sister again? I would be, if she were there, but she isn't. I visit her shell.   

I was happy to finally, at long last, get my John Huston bio from Amazon. Started it and it's good--nice and long and with interesting detail.  


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...