Saturday, February 13, 2021

Friday

 This is weird: I weighed in at 127.2 at home for a smidgen (.02)  of a gain, but at T.O.P.S., I was at 128, a loss of .02. I know the scales vary, but they had been consistent when it came to gain or loss. I guess this is just one of those Great Mysteries Of Life. Lolly, our official leader and keeper of the scales, said she's getting her second COVID shot next Thursday, so probably wouldn't be here the next day, when we meet. Hmm...I've heard that a fair number of people have unpleasant reactions to the second shot, but to assume that one will..... Oh, well, I said I'd keep the scale and bring it next time.

Home and had breakfast, then cut and seasoned the rest of the Yukon Gold potatoes, roasted them, and portioned them out for the fridge and freezer. After lunch, I walked to The Market and Wal-Mart for a number of items, including parm cheese and salad dressing; bused back.

It was only about 4:00 when I got in and I didn't feel like going out again. Instead, I violated one of my cardinal rules (but if I can't violate them, who can?): I poured myself a Blue Moon, opened a jar of peanuts, and sat on the patio reading the Hume Cronyn bio. Okay, so shoot me, but it was very enjoyable.  I just don't want to get in the habit.

At 9:00 this morning, I'm "attending" a Zoom "Cooking Demonstration: A Mediterranean Heart Heathy Meal for Valentine's Day At Home," which will I assume will feature plant-based cuisine. This is from St. John's Regional Medical Center, where Suzanne works and she invited me. She does a class herself, on chronic disease self-management. One of these days, I'll ask if I can sit in; I'd be interested in her presentation style. Yesterday was her seventy-third birthday; I left a card on her door. 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...