Friday, February 19, 2021

Down And Then Up

Boy, was I dragging in the morning. I not only felt tired and out of sorts, but lonely and sad. 

Well, I am lonely. It may be a letdown after seeing Nancy and Carolyn (virtually) on Tuesday and--which is always considerably more enjoyable--Jim in person on Wednesday.  I even shed a few tears (boo-hoo, nobody loves me, I'm gonna go eat worms). I can't seem to put behind me this regret over not charging more for my house rental. I'm trying to get over it.  (I think my middle initial stands not for "Byrne," but for "brooder.")

I felt better when I got virtuous and tackled pulling together my income tax info.  After I get it a little more ship-shaped, I'll submit it to Michelle, who's been my go-to tax gal since I moved to Ventura. She sends out detailed and easy-to-follow instructions, plus she's very responsive if I have a questions. 

Before lunch, I intended to walk to Smart 'N' Final and started off, but turned back because the wind was so strong. After I ate, I set out again, got there, bought a few things I needed (wanted), and felt reasonably okay when I got back. 

I think what I need is a project I can get enthusiastic about again, such as my acting classes. I'm mulling over the idea of a weight loss video. I would describe and illustrate what I do and how I changed the way I first looked at, then addressed my weight problem. It's been three years now and I haven't regained. I think it's key that my first step was examining and questioning everything I've been told for decades and accepted as truth. That doesn't mean it's necessarily all hooey, but some is, at least for me. I've actually started writing about it and we'll see how far I progress. 

I had started taking pictures of what I regularly eat a few months ago and I looked at them again. Here's the tomato/onion/seasonings mix just before I pop it in the oven to roast:

 
I was just delighted to get a long email/letter from David Perry, in response to the snail-mail letter I sent him a few weeks ago (see entry of January 24). I'll write him back shortly.

Betty videoed me on Messenger last night and, after a frustrating few minutes guiding her to click on the camera icon so we could actually see each other, we were okay. I know, though, that next time she'll have no idea how to do it.  


2 comments:

iloveac said...

mmmm good...that food looks sooo good.
I agree about needing a project. It seems to help having something to look forward to doing. Any idea when your acting classes may start up.

I never heard anyone say "I'll eat worms" other than my father. Made me chuckle to see it today. He often said it I think to make me feel sorry for him or something. I thought is was original with him.

Mimi said...

That's funny about what your father said. I wonder if it has any relation to the song we used to sing as kids:
[Chorus]
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones
Eensie weensy squeensy ones
See how they wiggle and squirm!
[Verse 1]
Down goes the first one, down goes the second one
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
[Verse 2]
I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice
And throw the skins away!
Nobody knows how fat I grow
On worms three times a day!
[Chorus]
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones
Eensie weensy squeensy ones
See how they wiggle and squirm!

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...