Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Goings On

Okay, so what all went on yesterday? Kim, my R.E. agent, emailed me the lease and the first thing I saw was Pat's name with mine as owners on the first page. I wrote and asked her why, since he died eleven years ago. 

I've been agonizing over whether I should have asked for more rent. It is more than what Eileen paid, but son Mike thought it was low. However, Kim thought it was high and she should know the area. Well, whatever, it'll be locked in for a year (now that I have a yearly lease, I don't want to deal with my tenants having a month-to-month). I sent son Mike the lease to check it over (he owns several houses), and asked that he PLEASE not comment that the rent is low. He sent it back with this: "All looks fine.  (Except the rent is low ðŸ˜‚ ðŸ˜‚)"  Damn, I miss him so much.

Walked to the Market for fresh produce and walked back, so three. After that, I did a lot of genealogy stuff, trying to organize the Figenshu (maternal) side better. One of these days, I'll get the actual relics in shape.

I called the office to tell them not to have Troy or Javier come to fix the slow flow in the bathroom faucet after 3:00, as I had Zoom meetings then, a fib. Actually, I wanted to take a shower before my Happy Hour Zoom with Nancy and Carolyn and just didn't want to say that. 

As for the H.H., it was pretty enjoyable. Nancy, as ever, never shut up and Carolyn barely said a word; she has to be drawn out. It was okay, though, and I had two Blue Moons, plus mixed nuts during it. 

Sharon called and we chatted for a bit. I haven't seen her for several months, as she hasn't been able to come back to T.O.P.S. I was glad to hear, though, that her vision problem has improved.  After, I called Betty and spoke to her and one of her helpers, Elizabeth. I was very favorably impressed and we discussed the possibility of she bringing Betty here for a visit.  

Lunch with Jim today. I sent him a New Yorker article on Nietzsche and am looking forward to discussing it with him. 

  

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...