Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Target And Other Frustrations

I guess I've had worse days, but not recently. I was feeling down in the dumps to begin with, then I started tackling all the crapola I've put off. One was Target's bill, which they still send via regular mail. It was only fifteen bucks and change, but I knew I had bought more since the bill came. Went on their web site and, once again, was frustrated and furious at its ineptitude. Well, long, long story I don't want to describe, but it took an hour on the phone to resolve.

After that came an email from R.E. Kim, sending me papers from Little Egg Township, where my house is; she suggested I complete them as quickly as possible. I printed them out and, oh, good grief, they demanded a lot of information I didn't have, including a floor plan. What, who, where? I didn't have a floor plan! Anyway, I dealt with as much as I could, then called the township to ask questions and, wouldn't you know, the code officer or whatever he is, had a message suggesting I go on the web site, instead. But I had so many questions, I wasn't about to sit there and write them out. Finally, I called Kim and just like that--she answered my questions, joked about what kind of weather we're having here, and found a floor plan--in her files, on the Internet, or from the man in the moon--I don't care where, but she sent it to m. She's a gem.

I then filled out the stuff, copied it all, and called Suzanne to ask if she knew where a notary was. She did, in Montalvo Square next to Ralph's, I bused here, had it notarized, then bused to the P.O. to send it certified mail. The above took only a few seconds to write, but about two hours to accomplish. However, no prob, I got home by 4:00, in time to schedule the Tuesday Happy Hour Zoom meeting with Nancy and Carolyn. We had a good "visit," the Blue Moon was yummy, and I got out of my slump.

Note: I was amused by friend Pat's blog. which started "By now, you know that Kansas City did not win." Actually, I didn't know, but thanks for the info, Pat!

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...