Monday, February 08, 2021

Sunday

The Sunday crossword was challenging, but not un-doable, so I enjoyed it.  Did some food prep after: I had bought Yukon Gold potatoes, chose about three pounds of them, scrubbed and cut into chunks, then  roasted them.  I did that many because I had read on the Internet that they freeze well, as long as they're thoroughly cooled down first.  I picked out different seasoning from my spice box--I think I combined thyme, rosemary, garlic salt, and something else, mixed them into the potatoes with olive oil, and in they went. I had one after they roasted and boy, were they good. Froze about three quarters and reserved the rest for dinner--yummy.

After  lunch, I walked to Smart 'n' Final for lettuce and what I've been wanting to buy for some time: An eighteen-bottle box of Blue Moon. It's my favorite beer and, since I drink only with others, that should last for months. Lucky I had my cart, as it was pretty heavy, but I got it home and stowed them in the fridge.

Other than that, nuthin' much. I probably should have gone out again, but I just didn't feel like it.  I played around on the laptop and just kind of waited for eight o'clock, which is when I watch a DVD for an hour. Being on a Tom Hanks kick, I'm now into Charlie Wilson's War, which isn't bad.  

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...