Tuesday, February 02, 2021

The Vaccine And The Vacating

I wrote to my new on-line friend, Dolores, to tell her the three things about which we will probably disagree: pacifism, religion, and the big one: DOGS! We'll see if she still wants to correspond.

I finally got a mailings finished, including a check for Bill and a condolence note to Bob S., Angela's husband. Walked to the P.O. and mailed them.  

Since yesterday was the day those in the first tier (health workers and those over 75) could register for the vaccine, I got on-line by 7:30. Looked and was told appointments at Ventura Fairgrounds were all taken. I don't want to go into the whole annoying thing, but I somehow was assigned a 3:20 appointment in Thousand Oaks. I suppose I could have gotten the Access Van to take me, but then what? I'll have to reserve a time I wanted to be picked up and go home and how would I know. Plus, it's miles from here and I'm not going to Thousand Oaks. I canceled and was able to switch to Oxnard, which is bad enough, but closer, but then--

--through some miracle, the Fairgrounds opened up. I got a time, then canceled Oxnard. However, the email that came back confirming the cancellation didn't mention the location and I was afraid they had cancelled the Fairgrounds. Okay, I'd go there and see and I did.

Took the two buses to town, then walked the mile and a half to the Fairgrounds and had them look it up. Yes, it's on for tomorrow, so good. Actually, they were very nice and it looked to me as if it was going smoothly. Visited some of my usual haunts, bought the DVD Milk, and, well satisfied, bused home. Ellen called and we chatted.  

All the above is just filler compared to the email I got when I sat down at the laptop after dinner: My tenant, Eileen, is vacating my house in Sunrise Bay, as of February 28 (we have a month-to-month lease). She said she didn't realize my email address had changed and the hard copy is in the mail. Wow. I'll have to deal with it and make some hard decisions and in this case, can't procrastinate. 
Speaking of which, somebody put this on Facebook and, clearly the cartoonist knows me:

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...