Thursday, February 04, 2021

Wednesday

I left for the Fairgrounds at 9:00 and via bus and feet, got there about 10:20. It occurred to me that the trip would have taken about twenty minutes by car, but of necessity, mine was almost an hour and a half. Well, okay, it's a healthier alternative. 

The whole thing was so quick and easy: was directed to a table, showed me driver license, was asked to sit down, got shot, sat elsewhere for fifteen (in case of a reaction), then left. All the people working there were courteous and cheerful, so it wasn't a bad experience at all. I'll now make my appointment for the second dose. 

Home, I "signed" the rent papers for realtor Kimberly. Texted Eileen that I'd give K. her phone number, so she can see the place. I was a little disconcerted when Eileen texted back "Okay, I have stuff in piles all around for moving. I'll let her know." I know she's not the warm and fuzzy type, so I'll chalk that up to her usual direct manner. 

After lunch, I walked to the P.O. to mail Valentine cards to the kiddies in Asia, then took the bus to Wal-Mart for things I needed. Stopped at The Market for veggies, then walked home. 

El called after dinner just to chat and I enjoyed that, of course. I hope I can get to see her one of these days. My arm isn't painful, aside from a very slight ache if I touch the site. It does, though, have a perfectly round, very slightly raised spot where the shot went in. I hope and assume this is just a normal reaction, but I couldn't find this mentioned on the unhelpful Internet. Maybe somebody with a medical background might chime in on this? 



2 comments:

iloveac said...

More than likely it's just a slight inflammatory reaction to being injected. I wouldn't give it a second thought. You probably have sensitive skin. Hope they told you how long to wait until the 2nd injection. Pfizer (mine) wait period is 3 weeks.

P.S. Inflammatory does not mean infection. It's a normal response to something foreign entering the body.

Mimi said...

Thank you, Pat, but read tomorrow's entry about my skin thing! You'll laugh at this ignoramus!
Yes, I got Pfizer and mine is three weeks, also. They'll email me when it's ready to make the appointment.

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...