Saturday, October 26, 2019

T.O.P.S. And Hot

Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S., as usual. I gained a bit--1.4 to 132--but I keep going up and down and am okay with that. The program was meandering as ever, but not too bad.
Didn't get breakfast until 10:30 and set off afterward to the bank to deposit my car insurance refund check. Also wanted to go to the 99-Cent store for bathroom cups and shower caps. I got only to Victoria when I decided again it was too hot to walk, so doubled around to Telegraph and caught the bus.
Deposited the check, but changed my mind about the store when I saw another bus coming. Jumped on (okay, okay, I didn't actually "jump") and rode there, then walked to Target. Yay, they had blueberries, so I bought three pounds; I'll get the cups and shower caps later.
After lunch, for the second day in a row, I went to the pool. Only a mother and three little ones were there. The water felt heavenly and I floated around happily. Got out to read my magazine when Suzanne came. She asked if I wanted to go to the Reagan library for the Egyptian exhibit today and yes, I do. We'll leave at 9:00 and hope we don't run into any fires which, I'm afraid, are starting up again here and there.
Prepped some broccoli and Brussels sprouts and stowed them in the fridge. Had leftover turkey stir-fry for  dinner, along with spinach. Took a walk after, just around the block, then to the shopping center.
Is it hot? Yes, averaging around 82, but it's not humid here, so is bearable. Nevertheless, I won't be walking longer distances until it cools off.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...