Saturday, October 12, 2019

T.O.P.S.

Good news at T.O.P.S.: I'm back down into my zone (barely) and was even the big winner with 3.4 pounds off and a weight of 129.8.  Lennie did "the program" (in quotes because it's hard to dignify a meandering gabfest with the word) and passed out a sheet of cliches about goals and self-esteem and other everyday hogwash. I must have been in a more-benign-than-usual mood, since it didn't annoy me as much as usual.
Home, breakfast, then registered with the car buying outfit, SHIFT.  After, I drove Goodwill to finally drop off some items that were in my trunk for about a year. The Grocery Outlet is next door to it and there I found a garlic and mushroom pizza for surprisingly few calories. Bought that and frozen peas.
Parked, stowed my purchases in the freezer (very smart to buy them, considering we might have a planned power outage at any time) and walked to Von's for lettuce. On my way home, I got a very welcome phone call from someone I love and we had a good chat.
Bob Szabo, from Sunrise Bay, called to say he had blown out my sprinkler heads, as he does every year. He had to replace one, so charge $50.00; I'll send a check today. I also chatted for a bit with his wife, Angela, a lovely person, now in the grip of memory loss. The Szabos lost both their daughters in their fifties to cancer within five years of each other. How you survive that, I don't know.
Talked to Nancy about our movie date and we decided on the early showing on Tuesday. Lunch after, of course.  Had lunch, then I turned my attention to CeCe's mono drama. Reading it, I noted that the character (a "large," white woman, somewhat blundering, from Johannesburg)  is about as different from CeCe (small, slender, precise to a fault, and somewhat uptight) as possible. That makes it interesting, though, and I'll meet her at the library today at noon to see what I can do with her presentation.
Hopped a bus about 4:00 and went to Target for my blueberries. Betty called after dinner; she had seen something about the fire at the Santa Clara riverbed and thought it was near me. It isn't, so I calmed her fears.


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...