Sunday, October 20, 2019

Downton Abbey

Called Betty after breakfast to see if she was available on Tuesday; she is, so I'll go to SB. She told me she didn't want to go to Baltimore, after all. She said--this must be a delusion--that the last time she went, "they" (our nephew and his wife) went out and left her to do the housework. I just passed that over. Anyway, I'll see her the day after tomorrow.
Walked to the Hill Street library branch at ten and stayed an hour, dipping into a bio of Eunice Kennedy Shriver (boring) and a new Augusten Burroughs memoir (steamy). I wasn't interested enough to take out either, as I'm still in the middle of three other books.
El called to say she'd be over about 1:00, bringing her Bistro M.D. lunch with her; we ate together, which was a treat. After, she hooked up my new Blu-Ray player DVD player for Downtown Abbey. While she was doing that, Suzanne rang my bell and presented me with a little basket of gorgeous and delicious strawberries. The three of us chatted for a bit, then El and I went  to Wal-Mart. We both got a lot of paper products and she a cowboy hat. Why? Because, for some strange reason, the teachers at Olivelands School dress up for Halloween. She'll add jeans and a checkered shirt, a scarf, and a lasso rope (I suggested toy guns, but they're not allowed--no wonder).
As we were driving back to my place, Stella called to see if I could meet her at the Mexican restaurant in town where we've been before. At first, I declined, but then realized El would be going home shortly, so I called her back and agreed. El dropped me off in town and Stella and I had a pleasant time--I had already had lunch, so just has a single small taco and a Modelo. She went on to 5:30 mass at the mission and I window-shopped a bit, then hopped a bus home. I cooked up a ground turkey, onion, green pepper, garlic stir-fry and had some for dinner. I have enough for two more meals, so will freeze two portions.
I settled down at 8:00 and suddenly, it was 1912, the ship had just gone down, the duke and the footman had a gay encounter, and his Lordship was presiding over a wonderland of long lost glory. Say what you will, you just can't beat the Brits when it comes to this kind of entertainment and boy, I loved it. Watched the first episode and can't wait until tonight for the next.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...