Wednesday, October 16, 2019

See-Saw

Yet again, a see-saw day. I had set the alarm for 6:00, as Nancy and I were going to 10:00 show to see Judy and had planned ot meet in town at 9:45. Had breakfast and was dressed and out by 8:10.
That proved to be much too early, as I got there before 9:00. I strolled along Main, stopping in here and there until it was time to get to the theatre.
I bought two tickets (Nancy had bought mine last time) and waited for  Nance. And waited. It got to be 9:50 and she still wasn't there. I called her--aagh! She had thought we had decided on the 11:00 o'clock show. I knew we hadn't, as she had sent me an email saying she'd see me at 9:45. If we waited until the later show, I'd have to hang out for another hour and a half in town, so we conferred and decided she would just rush over and we'll go at 10. That's what we did; we missed the first few minute, but I assume not much. 
The movie was okay, but I thought the editing was poor; it seemed uneven to me. Renee Zellinger looked remarkably like Judy and the sets and so on were good. Zellinger sang as close as she could be Garland, but nobody could duplicate that voice and it was a little jarring. Anyway, we enjoyed it to a point and then went to Masa Sushi, the Japanese restaurant for lunch. Very good and we shared some.
We parted and Nancy drove off--I'll see her for Happy Hour tomorrow--and I bused to the bank to get the loan payoff letter. Did I get it? Why no, they have to get it faxed from Upper Japip or somewhere, it seems. Said they would get it within two hours, so I walked down to Jessica's Nails to make an appointment for a pedicure at 10 today, then to Ralph's for bread and oranges. Went  back to the bank to find they still didn't have it.  Boy, was I was annoyed. I told them to call me and I'll come back today.
Home, I'm trying to figure out something to bring to the potluck tonight. So far, I haven't come up with anything and, since there's always plenty of food, I may not bring anything--dunno. I cleared out the car, preparing to get it washed today and--I fervently hope--sell it tomorrow.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...