Tuesday, October 15, 2019

All Around Town

Yesterday was one of those days when anything that could go wrong, did.
For openers, I walked the mile and a bit to BOA after breakfast to get the pay-off letter I need to sell the car. I had forgotten it was Columbus Day and they were closed. Walked two blocks more to AAA to ask what I had to stop their highway robbery and was told I just had to call. Stopped at the 99-Cent store and they were out of what I wanted (can't remember what it was, now).
Home, lunched and showered, washed my hair,  then got the bus about 2:15, as I was supposed to be at the stem cell therapy thing at 3:45. Got to the mall early, took my blood pressure (115/78), and meandered around in this and that store before strolling across the parking lot to Mimi's Cafe.
Hmm, that was odd. I didn't see anybody checking off names or welcoming people in. Asked the manager. He looked in his book and no, nothing was scheduled. Aghast, I called Carolyn (not my niece, the T.O.P.S. one), but I had her land line and her husband said she may not have her phone with her. However, he gave me the number and luckily, she answered. When I said where I was, she reminded me the thing at Cafe Fiore in town, not Mimi's at the mall. Damn!
I rushed back to the bus, got one quickly, and got to the talk forty-five minutes late. It was reasonably interesting and the chicken Marsala was good, along with the Corona I ordered. We got out of there about 6:00, I said goodbye to Sharon and Carolyn, then headed toward Main to get the bus.
I was in a walk mood and it was broad daylight still, so I walked up two more stops. Now these are not like how the trolley stopped on Absecon Island at every block; it's more like a half mile between stops and I was almost up to the third one when the bus went past.
Finally caught one, but by this time, it was dusk. I got off at the mall to go to Target for blueberries and--good grief, it was terrible, they didn't have any!
Back on the bus, stopped at Von's and they had some at exactly twice the price at Target, but I bought them, plus gorgeous grapes--hey, once I get out from under the car insurance, I'll be on Easy Street.
Didn't get in until almost 8:00.  Looking forward to the movie, Judy, and lunch with Nancy today.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...