Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Linda R. And Santa Ana

Left for the Regency at 11:00. Walked down Victoria to Telephone, intending to get a bus there, but  it was such a good day for walking--sunny, but with a nice breeze--that I ended up walking the whole way, about 3.2 miles.
Met Nancy and we saw the Linda Ronstadt documentary movie. Boy, was it good; we both loved it. After, we went to The Cave, where Nance had wine and a shrimp/mac and cheese dish and I had a a kind of broiled eggplant dish, plus a semi-dark, German beer, new to me, but very good. After our usual good conversation, we parted about 4:00 and I walked the block to WinCo. Got grapes and Dave's Killer Bread, and had every intention of taking a bus home.  However, I got tired of waiting at the bus stop and felt good, so I walked home, too.
Ellen called when I was almost there to say classes at her school were cancelled today because of the high winds expected. She asked me to let her know if my electricity goes out and she'll do the same.*
Wow, I slept late. Got up for the usual at 5:00. I debated whether to stay up or go back for a bit. Decided on the latter and just got up at 7:30!
Looking forward to meeting Nancy and Carolyn for lunch today at the new Peirano's Restaurant in town. We decided to go to lunch every other Wednesday--during the weeks we don't have Soaring Spirits--instead of Happy Hour every week. That works out better for all of us and today will be our first.
*Got up to find that the Santa Ana winds really are ferocious. I'm hoping for no loss of electricity--and no fires.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...