Thursday, October 10, 2019

More Chores And The Promenade

I spent the morning dusting, then mopping the hard floors, taking the bath rugs and so on to the wash place, and scrubbing, chopping, and seasoning the two pounds of carrots I bought the other day, then popping them in the larger slow cooker.
I got something from an outfit named "Shift," telling me they'd buy my  car for eight thou. Consulted my children about this and got conflicting reports. We'll see.
Texted Suzanne that I'd be outside her door at ten minutes of six this morning to take her to the shuttle. Later, she texted me to say the electricity would be out tonight and suggested I charge my phone, which I did. A few hours later, Ellen called to warn me about the electric outage. 
After lunch, I hopped a bus for town and, for the first time in months, walked The Promenade. It felt so good to be back at the ocean, although the water was calm and the sky was overcast. A bonus was this wonderful sand picture on the beach:

20191009_145519.jpg
Walked the loop to the library and cancelled the 6:00 am reservation for rehearsal. I've decided to jettison "Hell On Wheels" at the poetry club and that's a big relief. The major reason is that I didn't hear back from three of the five people who said they wanted to participate. I think it was a hasty and ill-considered offer to do it on my part, since I'm really that much interested in this group.
Once I got back to the mall/transit center, I stopped into Target to buy my blueberries. Also bought Skinny Girl Sweet 'N' Salty popcorn; I still have some of the cheddar.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...