Thursday, October 24, 2019

Patio

Did a big wash yesterday and had the clothes dried, folded, and put away before 10:00. Went over to Von's for lettuce. Instead of vacuuming, I started sweeping and otherwise cleaning up the patio. We have huge and majestic pines here, but they shed those long, brown needles, which drop on top of the wood chips and look unsightly. I wasn't about to pick them off piece by piece, but Ellen showed me that you can sweep them. I did, but left some undone when I left for the store after lunch. Walked down Victoria to the market (1.6) and got a few things, then took the 11 bus to Sprouts for grapes. Rode to the transit center and caught the 10 bus home.
I resumed tidying up the patio and it looks a lot better, if not perfect. I still have a few tomatoes growing, so won't pull the plants yet.

I had actually toyed with the idea of going to the pool, it was so hot--over 80 most of the day--but I didn't; maybe I will today. The fact is, I'm afraid, that I didn't feel like getting into my suit, gathering  up towels and other stuff, swimming, then coming home to take a shower. I'm just lazy, so I did only part of it: took a shower.
Unlike this week, next is pretty free, so I emailed Nancy to see when she was available for a movie and The Cave.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...