Sunday, October 06, 2019

Car, Suzanne, And Library

Holy smokes, it was another swing-high-and-low day. That means I was happy and satisfied with some stuff, but upset and depressed at others.
The guy came with the flatbed about 8:30 and took my little beauty off to get her tire fixed. It took him until after 9:00, so I didn't get breakfast until late. I was pleased to have Suzanne ring my bell while I was finishing. As I had, she had seen in the Ventura Star that the Reagan Library is now featuring an Egyptian exhibit and yes, indeed, we must go. It should be there for several months, so we have time to plan a day. I told her I'd take her to the shuttle on the tenth, when she leaves for her niece's wedding. She's taking the 6:30 a.m one, not the 4:30, which is much better.
I sent to the script for "Hell On Wheels" to four of my five cast members; I hope leader Phil lets me know Jennifer's address, so I can send to her.
About 10:00, I got the info that the tire was fixed and started out to pick up the car. I decided to walk down Victoria and get the bus on Telephone, but none came and I continued walking and got there on foot. Hey, this was at least three miles, possibly more, but of course, I drove the car home.
After lunch, I took the bus to the library to ask if my actors and I could rehearse before the poetry group meeting. Branch manager won't be in until tomorrow, so will call her then.
Home, I tried once again to list my car on Craig's  List, but again, was "blocked." I assume that's because they want their money ($5.00) up front, but I don't see how to pay it!  Damn, it's frustrating! I put a frantic post on Facebook and my dear boy, Mike, responded that he would post it elsewhere, so I'll send him the info.
Doceting at Dudley House today. I fervently hope it stays coolish, but doubt if I'll have any such luck. My outfit is pretty authentic (should be; it cost me two hundred smackers) and is very heavy. I may be sweltering, but it's the only one I have.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...