Monday, October 28, 2019

Crossword, Credit Cards, And Korea

Usual Sunday routine. I was annoyed at the crossword puzzle because I found some of the hints obscure, but I think the world is still turning.
After breakfast, I decided to buckle down and do some work on my play, "Acquisitions." However, I easily persuaded myself that I first had to go buy shower caps and bathroom cups. Walked down Victoria to the 99-Cent store, then to Walmart (about 2.2), but found no caps. The cups had geometric designs and I like the one with flowers, so I didn't buy them...
GOOD GRIEF!  It's inconceivable that a grown woman would care what the hell her bathroom cups have on them! I think I'll go back and buy the others.
Took the bus home and by the time I got in, it was 1:30. I was just assembling my lunch salad when Stella called--did I want her to pick me up and we'd go to lunch? Foolishly, I agreed, she did, and we went to the newly-opened Denny's . We both had breakfast, although it was then after 2:00; I had scrambled egg whites, one sausage, and fruit. It wasn't bad, but wasn't anything to write home about, either (my mother's expression--ha!).
Idiotically, the server wasn't allowed to take our credit cards; we had to take the tabs up to the cash register and  put them in ourselves. When I expressed surprise, I was told it was because of identity theft and so on. Geez, if a restaurant thinks its own employees might be swindlers, who the hell wants to go there? I don't and I won't be back.
I made the mistake of mentioning to Stella that Nancy and I were going to the movies and The Cave on Tuesday and she said she'd like to go with us. I felt like a dog, but put her off; I didn't want to say yes, especially before asking Nancy and frankly, I get weary of Stella if I see her too often. I did tell her I'd like to have Betty, Suzanne, and her over for lunch when Betty's visiting (three Catholics and an infidel) and she was pleased to hear that. By the time she dropped me off, it was after 4:00.
I'm reading The Great Successor, a new book about Kim Jong Un and find it absorbing. I know little about North Korea--or Korea in general, for that matter--but well remember the Korean war, one of the horrors of our history.
 

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...