Friday, February 14, 2020

And The Beat Goes On...

I got up an hour earlier than my usual 6:30, for some reason. After Internet stuff, I even had breakfast a half hour early, at 7:30. I had planned on spending the whole day clearing the two closets, and doing two big wash loads on Friday, plus T.O.P.S., plus meeting Nancy for lunch--thinking of all this, I started to feel frazzled.
Idiot me. I took the sheets off the bed and did them and my whites yesterday, instead. Also cleared the closets, which took about an hour, if that. Yes, I had to stow things here and there in the bedroom and living room, but so what?
Opened the mail to find a beautiful Valentine  Day card from Ellen. Called her to say thanks. Here are her and little Koushin's cards:





DAMN! I can't get them to line up right, but I'm going to let it go.
I had plenty of time after lunch to hop a bus to the transit center. I wanted to get at least a short walk in, so went to the 99-Cent store, about a mile and half way, for a few items. While there, it occurred to me there was no reason I couldn't do the color wash now, too. Home, I gathered them up and put them in. (Presumably, this will be the last time I use the communal washer and dryer.)
AND--good news! I stopped at the office to apologize to Bianca for my bitchy reaction Wednesday to the washer/dryer news. She was very gracious and also told me that one of the two closets will be empty after the installation; the work guys just have to cut a hole in the ceiling of it or something, so yay! True, my filing cabinet will still have to go somewhere, but I guess I can live with it in the bedroom. However, I met another tenant, Diedre(?), who lives in building 3, and she told me they have to tear up the hall floor--good grief! Good thing I won't be around.
More good news: I remembered that I had a credit from the Airporter Shuttle--called them, I did, and made my reservation for both going and coming back. Today, I must call the Access Van to take me to the Maritime Museum tomorrow.
Not-so-good-news, but okay: Nance called late yesterday and said her son, Richard (she lives in a private suite on his and his wife, Erin's, property) said he wanted to take her to lunch for Valentine's Day, so she had to skip our lunch.
But delightful news, too: son Mike messaged me to ask if I was available for granddaughter Vivian, 14, to Skype or Facetime me at 4:00 pm today. For a school project, she wants to asks me questions. Yes, indeed, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...