Monday, February 03, 2020

My Play, My Nails, And My Hat

Preparing for my company, I dusted and mopped the hard floors, shook out the area rugs, and cleaned the bathroom. Used the Shark, but should probably run the vacuum over the carpet. Maybe I'll just wait and do it before my little luncheon on Wednesday.
Finally, at long last, I sent three plays to Jeff. I had had terrific problems in getting them to attach for some reason; I kept being told to download when I already had. It's done now, though, and Jeff sent back that he "can't wait to read them." It's a good thing I didn't send him Fatal Family Reunion, though. I looked it over--it's not bad, if I say it myself--and thee was a major flaw. I had "Rigolo, the Gigolo" being questioned twice and that didn't work. Luckily, I noticed and revised, but then I realized the traumatic event that rendered Mary mute isn't clear (no, I'm not going to explain), so I've have to resolve that.
I texted Caroline to ask her to be sure Betty had her driver's license with her (for proof of age on the bus) and a number of single dollars for exact change on the Access Van. I wrote out Valentine cards and sent a note to my cousin's wife, Helen.
After lunch, I took my cart and walked to Jessica Nails near Wal-Mart and had a manicure (Ellen had given me a gift card some tune ago). Went to Wal-Mart for grapes and a few other things. Horror of horrors, though, I lost my hat. When I left the store, I realized I didn't have it. Went back to where I had bought things, thinking I had left it on a shelf. No luck. I asked one of the employees (not a cashier, but some kind of overseer--remarkably, she was courteous and seemed competent) and she said she had seen it outside on a cart. She showed me where, but it was gone. I remembered that I tried to unhitch a cart from a nested line of them and it wouldn't come apart. I must have left my hat there and somebody picked it up. Tried customer service, but nobody had turned it in.
I wear sunglasses, too, of course, but it's still hard to see. I do have other hats, but I liked this one best and wore it virtually every day.  Drat, I lost my hat! 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...