Saturday, February 01, 2020

T.O.P.S. And The Opera

Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S., as usual. I was up just a few ounces to 130.1 from 129.5 last time. (If I was a mathematician, I could figure out how many that is.)
I decided to skip the ever tedious program and bus home. As I explained to Cheryl, if I stayed, I wouldn't get breakfast until 10:30 or so and I had to leave for the bus at 11:00 to meet Jim at noon, so it wouldn't work. Walked down Ashwood to Telegraph and darn, actually missed not only the 6, but the 21 by minutes.  So I walked to the mall/transit center and got the next one there.
Changed, had breakfast, then bused to the library, getting there just in time. Jim had saved me a seat and we settled down to enjoy the music. It was wonderful, consisting of four singers performing arias from El Postino (The Postman), a Spanish opera, so it was in Spanish. We both liked it a lot.

After, we went across the street to Lemon y sal for lunch. I had a tostedo, which was pretty good, and a Chief Peak brew, which was very good. Jim and I talked and talked about ethics, morals, abortion, and so on. He brought in the big guns, Aristotle (wouldn't you know he would) and the Jesuits, but I stuck to my principles. Actually, we weren't arguing, just discussing and it's a pleasure to talk to someone who likes that kind of thing. We also discussed his classes and various other aspects of academia, which I enjoy so much. I asked Jim to send me the name of his dentist, whom he likes, although he's in Oxnard, but I want to look at my options re my teeth. 
We parted about 2:30 and I walked to the mission, then bused to the mall for two pounds of blueberries at Target. However, Von's had them on sale, too, so on the way home, I stopped there and got two more containers. Put some in the freezer for later.
Darn, I'v been having trouble sleeping again. For several days now, I've easily fallen asleep at about 10:00, but have gotten up at 3:00 or so for the usual, then could  just not go back. I'm hoping this is just one of those insomnia phases I've been in before, and will stop before too long. 


No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...