Saturday, February 08, 2020

With My Twin Sister

THURSDAY, 2/6
I took Betty back to Santa Barbara via three buses and a walk (short to me, not so much to Betty). I immediately asked to set up a folding chair in the living room and this is where I kept everything I had brought: purse, small traveling bag, sun hat, coat and jacket. I didn't want to have to hunt for anything.
We played double solitaire and Sorry!, watched television, and chatted, in between the constant searching for mislaid items. We lunched at The Natural Cafe, then I had to get out and walk. Betty was fine with that and I took a brisk walk to the mall, probably no more than a mile there and back. Carolyn called while I was there and we assessed the day--not too bad. She said she'd come over in the late afternoon, so I stopped at Whole Foods to buy some Cabernet Sauvignon. When Carolyn came, she brought a memory foam top for the sofa and made it up (Betty slept there, I in her bed..)  C. and I sipped the wine on the patio, while Betty had her diet Coke; we had a good time chatting.
FRIDAY, 2/7
I didn't sleep too well, as Betty's bedroom has light coming on both of the big windows--I suppose they're from outdoor lights and the Venetian blinds don't block it. We got up about 6:30 and Betty found the coffee and coffee maker, thank Zeus. After my caffeine fix, I cleaned the kitchen, which took--oh, two hours, but was deeply satisfying. (Bringing order out of chaos, even when you know it won't last, usually is.) Betty and I then went to Lure and had a good lunch. I like Lure so much, both in Santa Barbara and Ventura. I had taken my overnight bag with me and we went to the bus stop, said goodbye, and I took off for town. Luckily, after getting off at the transit center and walking the two blocks to the SB to V. bus, I had to wait only a few minutes. The ride was enjoyable as ever and I talked on the phone to a loved one for much of the way. At the Ventura Center, I went to Target for blueberries before taking the final bus home.
So that was my sojourn with my twin sister. I'd give a year of my life to make it like it used to be.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...