Thursday, February 20, 2020

The Pool And Pickle Ball

Yesterday was even more enjoyable than Tuesday. We walked roughly a mile and a half to one group of stores, picked up a few items, then another two, maybe, to Superstition Market.  This is a wonderful, very large, fresh produce place, where we bought blueberries, tomatoes, grapes, squash, and other items. I'm so pleased that in the days when the others have to travel, I'll be able to get to shops and other places on my own.
Speaking of which: After lunch, we went back to our respective dwellings, changed into bathing suits, and went to the pool. I know a lot of people--in fact, most people, I think--who would protest that it was much too warm, felt like bath water, wasn't refreshing, and so on.
HA! I've been looking for a pool like this all my life. We just sort of hovered in the water and talked and talked. It was marvelous not to cringe as you inched your way in and scream when you got your shoulders wet. Loved it.
This was Canada day and there were lots and lots of Canadians there. I was told that about half the (temporary) residents there are from Canada. Considering the frozen north and the sublime weather here in the winter, no wonder. As we walked, I noted, too, the enormous variety of license plate from the U.S. Almost all were from the middle west: Idaho, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and many more. Cold fleers, and who can blame them?
While we were at the pool area, my brother, Jim, called. He was confused about which of our relatives named Tom (B----) had died. It was, of course, his and my first cousin. Tom was just a few months older than Jim, who told me that it was his birthday yesterday--he was 94. It was good to talk to him, but sad, too; he seems to be failing.
After the pool, we went to the ceramic place and my hostess completed work on her bowl. Now it just has to dry, then she'll paint it. I met the friends of hers, Gloria and Greg,  with whom we're having dinner at a German restaurant tonight.
I got changed, and I went to their place for an early dinner. It was "round robin" pickle ball after that, at 6:00, and I was happy to go to cheer them on. It's such a fast, exciting game, I almost wish I knew how to play. Having never been the slightest bit athletic and since I'm about as coordinated as Ish Kabibble, I'm not serious, but it's fun to watch.
Today: Fountain Hills

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...