Thursday, February 27, 2020

Japanese Friendship Garden

We had planned to leave for the Japanese Friendship Garden about noon, so I slept fairly late. I was about to prepare breakfast when I got a call asking if I'd like to go the "the costume place" and Wal-Mart first. Sure thing and I was picked  up.
Many of the mobile home/RV communities in Mesa are owned by the same company. They maintain a costume shop that's really the equivalent of the large, commercial one in Oxnard, where I bought my wig. My hostess is going to be in a skit next weekend and needed to get a costume for it. Those who live or vacation in the communities here can borrow the costumes free. What a bonanza!
We then went to Wal-Mart, picked up some things for dinner, and went back. We had a pulled-together leftover lunch--one of my favorite kinds--and I chose turkey meatballs and a sweet potato, which I ate cold. We then took off for Phoenix and the Japanese Friendship Garden:

That was fun to see and I bought a Japanese fish hanging thing. We then walked over to the Irish Cultural Center, which is nearby. In the courtyard, they have the Irish Counties,with some names of those we surmised had contributed. Here's one of me at the Gaelic-scripted stone structure:
Back in Mesa, we had an early dinner, then my hostess and I went off the pickle ball courts at 6:00. She played, I watched, and it was fun, despite the chilly temperature. I was home a bit after 8:00 and and am now beginning my last full day in Arizona--sob!





No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...