Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Lunch At Lure

Carolyn, with Betty, picked me up about 11:30 and we got to Lure before noon. David and Polly were already there and we settled in for a marathon lunch. Steve came after about 45 and we ordered, talked and talked and talked.
Dave and Polly are going to be in New Zealand for three months this time--they have a kind of suite at their daughter's and son-in-laws--but in a few months will spend a year or so in Ireland. They're going to rent a large house there and invited all to visit there, too. Also, when I told them I plan to visit my brother in Bangkok and Singapore, too, Polly suggested I swing over to New Zealand. How that would work, I don't know, but I'm musing on it. I broke the news that the Tokyo Trio would be coming next month and told Betty, Carolyn and Steve I'd like to have them over for lunch to greet them.
L. to r.: Dave, Betty, Polly, Steve, Carolyn, and me.
We parted about 3:00 and Carolyn drove us to my place. After she left, I took Betty to Von's to get a few things. She wanted ice cream, licorice, and diet Pepsi--things I never eat or drink, although I do have diet 7Up--so I got them for her.
I had to go over to the office to get a new battery for my gate remote, then sat down at the laptop to do this and that while Betty busied herself with her IPad and various puzzle workbooks. I had taken leftover lasagna out of the freezer on Sunday, now I put it in the oven for a half hour and served it with salad and olive bread.
After dinner, Betty asked if we could watch "Jeopardy!," which she never misses, and "Wheel of Fortune," ditto, and we did. I watch very little T.V., now into DVDs, but we watched and I actually enjoyed them. After that was "America's Got Talent," maybe the most inane, contrived, idiotic thing I've ever seen.
I then set up the couch with sheets and blanket, plugged in Betty's sleep apnea machine, and we went to bed a bit after 9:00. I slept like a log and was so pleased when I got up this morning to have Betty say how well she slept, too. That relieved me of my guilty feeling that I take the bed--I just can't sleep on the couch.
So it was a good start to our days together. It included, though, having Betty constantly lose things: her magnifying glass, her flashlight, her this and that. Being with her is very much like being with a small child. I'm enjoying much of it, so far, but it's also exhausting.


1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
You look so good. I think that length of your hair is perfect. Please give my best to Betty if she remembers me. So sad to learn what's happening with her. It was wise for her to move from NJ and be close to so many of you ...she'd be truly lost in Ventnor.

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...