Wednesday, February 26, 2020

They're Ba-a-c-k...Yay!

I talked to my hosts in the morning on their way back. Did a few little things around my tiny room and this and that on the laptop.
I was pleased to get a text from Suzanne, asking if I'd like her to pick me up at the Sheraton where the LAX shuttle will let me off on Friday. Boy, she must be clairvoyant; I was wondering how I could arrange for the Access Van when I had no idea when the shuttle would get there, since the 101 would be jammed on Friday evening. I accepted her kind offer and told her I'd call her when I get nearby.
Walked over to the Superstition Market for blueberries and popcorn. Stopped at a tiny, not-very-inviting thrift store near it, then back here. I thought I might go to The Grille right here in the park, but didn't want to eat there alone, so I just had popcorn and blueberries for lunch.
After that, I read the book I had borrowed from the honor library here, Victim, about some gruesome murders in Utah, tired of that and took off for Frye's. Bought two cans of Stella A. and a small bottle of Blue Moon. When I got outside, I took off my jacket (it had gotten warm, anyway) and wrapped the bottle in it; replaced that and the cans in the grocery bag (they don't charge you for them here--a miracle!), and walked the mile or so  back. Darn, I then realized I had meant to get a sandwich or something for dinner, in case the others weren't back until late. However, no need: They got back a bit after 5:00, bringing made-up salads for dinner. I zoomed over to their place (about a four-minute walk), and we  happily reunited.
Ate, talked, two of us went on a round-the-perimeter walk (about 1.5), after which we all watched a semi-good movie called Lilting. I was walked home about 9:00, read a bit, then slept like a log.
Today: we plan to go to the Japanese Friendship Garden in Phoenix:

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...