Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Arizona

Arizona, here I am! Right here where I've never been!
Or whatever.
Van got me to the Sheraton early, shuttle got  me to LAX early, and the plane was actually a little early, too, but I was met as I descended the escalator. We got my luggage, then drove the twenty minutes or so to Mesa.
We went to see my place first and to meet Katie, my hostess. The digs are small, but adequate, and the bed is very comfortable. The bathroom--well, it's a toilet and sink--are fine, but as I had known to become with, I'll have to shower elsewhere.
The community itself is a great place, very large, and with lots and lots of activities--including, of course, pickle ball--and after dinner, I was shown around. They have a library (honor system), two pools, lots of meeting rooms and gathering places, plus other rooms dedicated to making ceramics, stained glass, and other handicrafts. There are two hot tubs, an outdoor dance floor, and a ballroom. Lots of people were having fun with these things.
We went to the library and both picked out a few books (I can't sleep without reading first), then I borrowed a keyboard and mouse and was set up in my little place. Slept pretty well, but I should have kept the little heater on, as I woke up chilly now and then. Got up at 6:30, brewed my coffee, and am thrilled to be here in Mesa.
Today:  Sardona, which has been called the most beautiful city in the country.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Glad to know where you are. Got a little nervous when I didn't see a post yesterday...hope you have a great time. I've been to AZ, but not Sedona....I'm sure it's a treat.

Mimi said...

Sorry, Pat, I have been so caught up with this and that in Arizona, I didn't have time to write yesterday. A bit about Sedona tomorrow...

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...