Sunday, February 09, 2020

Robyn, Lynn, And The Dishwasher

Hardly a red-letter day, for various reasons, but it improved later on.
After breakfast, I took whites to the laundry place and had them in, out, and put away by 10:30. My niece-in-law, Robyn, texted me to see if she could come and bring my costume for the "Art Comes Alive" thing about 4:00. I said sure.
Got a text from my tenant, Eileen, telling me that the dishwasher is leaking. I immediately responded and told her I'd get in touch with Bill G., who does all that stuff for me. Did so, and he said he'd call Eileen and would look at it tomorrow (he's away over the weekend). Bill called me back and said, depending on where it's leaking, it could be something as minor as a worn hose, easily replaced, or major, meaning the appliance is kaput. Unfortunately, he thinks it's the latter. Once he ascertains that, if I have to get a new one, he recommends Anchor Appliance.
Besides that, Bill asked if I wanted him to continue the general maintenance, which he's done before: cleaning the gutters and so on. He said he had done it in July, but didn't charge me. I don't want him to do work without getting paid, so I said to send me a bill. I HOPE the new dishwasher isn't too much, but I fear it will be. Bill said white ones now cost extra--unbelievable!
After that, I got an email back from Lynn W., in response to my asking if she'd pick me up for "Art Comes Alive"next weekend. I received the snippy answer below. Dammit, I wouldn't get in her car now if I have to walk to Oxnard. I'll call the Access Van, which means I'll have to spend a lot of wait-time, but that's just the way it is.
What kills me is that Lynn is director of docents at Dudley House and several times, I've filled in as tour guide when someone had to cancel. I sent her back a message to say I'd get there another way. Incidentally, I already have the Lyft ap on my phone and it would cost me eighty dollars to get back and forth on the weekend.
Robyn came at 4:30, bringing the costume she had made. She took a picture of me in it and I'll ask her to send it to me. We had a good long time to talk and boy, did we.  She didn't leave until 7:00 and I greatly enjoyed her company. The costume is great, especially the mob cap. It's comfortable, too, which is a miracle. I gave her an envelope with some dough in it.
While Robyn was here, Ellen called and asked if I wanted to hang out tomorrow, when she's off. Oh, no, I told her, I don't want to be with my darling daughter--no, no, of course not, what a drag--HA! We made a date and I said I'd like to come over there for a change and we'll go into Ojai.
Just made myself two slider type sandwiches with leftover ham and the tiny rolls I had served on Wednesday.
Here's what Lynn wrote:
--Yes it will add 15 minutes to my commute which is okay but you might want to consider getting an Uber ap for the future.  I’ve used it several times with great success.  What is your address?





No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...