Saturday, February 22, 2020

Tonto State Park

A fine day.
I used the washer and dryer secreted in the closet in this tiny house (actually, tiny room and bath) and got all my clothes washed. It was very convenient and I'm anticipating when I get home having the same things in my apartment.
Folded and put away and then took off with my hostess for a walk around the perimeter, about 1.5 miles, I was told. We went to a supermarket, then to her place for lunch. After, the three of us took off for Tonto State Park, about a half-hour drive away.
We first took a fifteen-minute walk, then got in line to board the boat. It was a terrific, ninety-minute ride with a "captain" and tour guide from Chicago. I love going on boats, as long as they don't go out to sea, and this is a huge lake, one of the largest in Arizona, yet man-made. It was a thrill to see a bald eagle flying and, more interesting to me, there were longhorn sheep on the sides of a cliff. (see pic on left). Well, they probably can't be seen, but I swear they're there. Here's also a pic from the boat, my hostess in red in the middle background.
We got back about 5:30 and had a good dinner of salmon and veggies. After, the two of us walked about a mile around the community. We had discussed watching a movie at their place, but I begged off. I wanted to relax during an early night. Went to my temporary home and watched some stuff on Youtube. 
Not sure what we'll be today, as it's supposed to rain, with lightning. I hope it doesn't--the wheather's been great, so far, but if it does, we'll adapt.  


No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...