Thursday, February 06, 2020

Lunch With Three Catholics And An Infidel

Strangely enough, maybe, I slept well. Gave Betty cereal and a banana for breakfast and I had my usual. I then tidied up for our little luncheon.
Stella came from her rental property a bit before 1:00 and she and Betty chatted while I prepared lunch. Rather, Betty held forth and told the stories I've heard six million times re our birth, her real estate company, her sojourn as head nurse in pediatrics, her children, and et cetera.
I was pleased that Suzanne showed up just a few minutes after 1:00, before I had put the food on the table. Before we sat down, I asked Suzanne to say grace and she did, the Betty recited some children's verse re grace, and we sat down.
I served small rolls I had already put together (something I learned from my sister-in-law, Marybeth),   some chicken, some with ham, and Cole slaw, pickles, iced tea, and soda. Stella brought the salad she had promised and Suzanne a box of candy. We had that for dessert, along with the rest of the chocolate cake Ellen had made for our birthday and I had stowed in the freezer. Combined with lots of good talk--I tried to give equal time to Stella and Suzanne--it made for a pleasant day.
I walked Stella to her car about 3:00, then Suzanne took me to the bank, so I could get the exact change--dollar bills and quarters--for Betty and me to get to Santa Barbara today. After, Betty and I played yet another game of double solitaire, which gets old after a time, but she enjoys it.
This morning, we leave for the first of three buses to take Betty back to Santa Barbara. I'll stay over at her place until Friday afternoon, but won't take my laptop, so unless I write on my phone, I won't be "back," so to speak, until Saturday.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Make sure I understand....an infidel doesn't believe in religion...but may or may not believe in God as opposed to an atheist, right?

Mimi said...

in·fi·del
/ˈinfədl/
noun
1.
a person who does not believe in religion or who adheres to a religion other than one's own:
"they wanted to secure the Holy Places from the infidel"
adjective
1.
adhering to a religion other than one's own:
"the infidel foe"

iloveac said...

I know they don't believe in religion, I was wondering if an infidel might still believe in God...or a 'higher power' or 'intelligent design'. Just curious.

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...