Thursday, February 13, 2020

Hectic

Whew, things are getting hectic.
I left at 9:00 for my 11:00 mamo appointment. Walked down Victoria to Telephone and got the bus from there. Of course, I was very early, but I didn't mind. The procedure itself took only a short time.
The D.M.V. is pretty nearby, so I walked there to see if I could get my Real ID corrected, the first two of the street numbers reversed. I could and I did, but I had to go through the whole process again. I was horrified that I had to have my picture taken again, because my hair was a mess, but I was also able to correct the weight. They had me down as 180 and I now hover around 129 to 131, so naturally,  I put 129 down.
While I was waiting for the bus, Bianca, the manager--oh, wait, I forgot, she's now "Community Director"--called to tell me my washer and dryer were going to be put in on Monday. WHAT?! I had a fit, telling her I'd be away and I didn't want it done when I was gone, and so on and on. That was to no avail and actually, when I simmered down, I realized it's probably better this way. The down side is I have to clear out two of the three narrow closets and that's just one more thing to  do before I go.
Took the bus from the D.M.V. to the market on Victoria, where I got a card for Suzanne--it was her birthday--and a little bamboo plant. I left them at her door.
Nancy called to say goodbye and then we decided we needed to get together for lunch before I go. We'll meet at Yolanda's on Friday and I'll just have to get two loads of wash done before that.
Had lunch, then took off for town. I found some floral stuff at Goodwill I think I want to put in my fish basket--maybe yes, maybe no. I also happened upon some round white plastic containers, something to use as waste baskets, I think, but I'll use them when I clear out the closets. (Some  of what's in there is Christmas stuff.)
The high point of the day was that Ellen called as I was getting on the bus. She said she'd come to Art Comes Alive on Saturday, so she can take me home. What a sweetie. Of course, I suggested we have dinner after, too.
When I got home, I ran into my young neighbor, Lauren, and her little Brindly (Brindley?) and we chatted for a bit. Suzanne stopped to thank me for the gift; I'll ask her to get my mail while I'm away.
How I wish I had told Connie I'd do the fishwife thing only on Saturday, which I had originally planned. At this point, thought, the program has been done and it's just too late. I'm afraid I'll have to tell Nancy I can't meet her tomorrow--just too much to do, plus T.O.P.S., which I don't want to miss a second week.

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...