Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Ojai With Ellen

Spent most of the day with my girl, which is always a treat. I got to her place in Ojai a bit after 12:00 and we had hardly started chatting when Bill G. called me from Jersey about the dishwasher. I then called my tenant, Eileen, and there seems to be some confusion about whether or not Bill was able to find the source of the leak. I also called Anchor Appliances and after this, that, and the other, I'm going to have to clarify what's what. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get a new one, with the attendant cost (astronomical), but damn, I just want to get it over with, since I have so much coming up shortly.
Speaking--or writing--of which, I asked El if we could got to some thrift stores so I could look for a basket for my fishwife stint on the weekend. We went to two, but found nothing appropriate, so I'll look again in Venura.
We went to the Deer Lodge for lunch and had marvelous braised Brussels sprouts. done with truffle oil, plus mac and cheese, plus a good beer called "Moon Buggy." Sat outside, which I always like. It had been much cooler in Ventura, but well into the seventies in Ojai. We went back to El's and talked while she switched items from her (ratty, over-stuffed) old wallet and the new one she just bought. Before we left, I took pictures of some of El's backyard (to this Jersey girl, it's thrilling to think the flowers bloom in February) and the lemons she gave me from her very own tree. They're huge Meyer lemons and I know, since I've had some before, they're wonderfully juicy and--well, lemony.
                                         


El then took me to the bus stop and I got the 16 to the transit center and the 10 home. Got in just at 7:00 and found at my door the DVD of Chinatown, about my favorite movie in the                                                                  universe, at my door.
Good day and now I have to concentrate on the dishwasher in Jersey, Art Comes Aline in Oxnard, and the trip to Arizona.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...