Saturday, February 15, 2020

Preparing For Performance

Cheryl picked me up for T.O.P.S. and I found I had lost a bit. I'm at 129.8; two weeks ago, I was 130.1. That's a whopping three ounces or something, but I'm okay with it. For a change, it was a pretty good meeting. Lora made it a Valentine theme and it was hokey, but better than the usual ho-hum. Lolly, our fill-in leader (Lennie is off in the wilds of Nebraska again), brought everyone a red rose--so sweet. Here they are, Lora on the left:
Walked to Wal-Mart for a few things and took the bus back.  Dropped my bag off at home, then walked over to Von's for lettuce. Had lunch, then spent most of the rest of the day packing and preparing for Art Comes Alive today and tomorrow. Here I am in the costume Robyn made me--as in the 1622 painting I "stepped out of" to give my talk.
Image may contain: 1 person, standing and hat
The head dress is simply a mob cape; Robyn took my picture in front of the wreath on my bedroom door. Good thing I don't have to spend the day with that on my head!
On my previous entry, I wrote that my granddaughter, Vivian, 15, was going to video-call me with questions for a school project. Actually, it was Violet, who's 11. I had a fine time talking to her and to Mike. He and I discussed me going next year to Singapore, then all of us to Bangkok to see my brother, Jim.
I stopped in at Suzanne's to chat, then had dinner, showered, and prepared for the show. The van will pick me up at 10:26 and I should be at the Maritime Museum by call time of 11:30.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...