Friday, January 31, 2020

Plays And Pizza

Still working on what plays I'll send Jeff, I found When Cooks Confer, but only the print copy, not
 on-line. Guess I'll have to re-type, but that's not too bad, as I want to revise a bit, anyway.
Talked to Betty and we had a pretty good chat  Walked over to Von's for salad dressing and a few other things. I got a call from Arizona, asking which county in Ireland our antecedents came from. I just could not remember and can't put my hands on my Byrne genealogy book, although I know I have it. Contacted my cousin, John, who told me: It was County Wicklow and another branch from Kildare. I texted the person the info.
Left for town at noon to meet Nancy at 1:00, but what with various delays, I was late. Fortunately, so was she, as she walked in the wrong direction after parking.
Where we went, a new place I suggested called Medici Pizza, is not one I want to frequent. The Margarita pizza I had was good, but the beer, Chief Peak, which I have often, was more than eight bucks, which is outrageous, as it was just the usual size. One of the thumbs-down reasons on our part was that it's one of those damn places where you order at a counter, get your own utensils, and--what really pisses me off--you pay first AND are asked then what percentage you want to tip.  Oh, well, guess I'm just ranting.
Anyway, Nance and I had a good time, as ever. I walked her to the parking garage after. I'm a little concerned about her problem walking and the tiredness that has manifested itself again. She said she's not sure whether her hemoglobin is down again or what; it was pretty good at her last blood testing. I was certainly not going to mention it, but I think the fact that she seems to have gained a considerable amount of weight could be a factor.
After we said goodbye, I walked down to The Promenade and my usual loop. Back up on Main, I stopped in a few places, but decided to bus back and stop off on Victoria for grapes. Did so and caught another bus home.
I was pretty full from the pizza, so skipped dinner. Niece Carolyn called and we had a long, long talk. She has a really tough time with Betty, and I marvel at all she's done and is doing for her mother.  I'll be glad to give her a little relief when I have Betty here for a few days next week.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...