Saturday, January 18, 2020

Friday

Stripped the bed before I left for T.O.P.S.
I was 2.5 pounds up, going from 128.2 last week to 130.7 this time. I'm not concerned, though; Thursday evening, I had scarfed down not only pasta salad, but more of the blueberry buckle. I know it will even out when I settle down.
Sharon was supposed to do the program, but is still sick, so there wasn't one. We just talked, which wasn't too bad, as it at least concerned weight. I told the other five (yes, it's dwindled to six people attending!) an interesting (to me, anyway) phenomena. I was looking up on this blog how long it's been since I've been down to my desired weight (within 125 and 130). The previous Friday was January 10, 2020 and I weighed in at 128.2. I discovered that two years ago to the day, January 10, 2018, I weighed exactly that: 128.2. I was charmed by the coincidence, as I usually fluctuate back and forth, sometimes by a pound or two over, but then I tend to stabilize.
Didn't get breakfast until 10, as usual, then emptied the dishwasher, ran the Shark over the hard floors, and took the sheets and other clothes to the laundry place. While they were washing and drying, I got some financial and other "paperwork" (read "laptop work") done.
I go out, walking and busing, virtually every day, but I didn't yesterday, except over to Von's. They had ground turkey and raw (frozen) shrimp (I never buy cooked--it's horrible) on sale and I bought both. I had bought a number of sweet peppers the other day and cut them in strips; used some for dinner and froze the rest.
I spent a fair amount of time on Acquisitions.  I emailed my nephew, Patrick, who's a head and neck surgeon at Johns Hopkins, to ask if removed vocal cords can grow back. If not, I'm going to have to think of another plot twist.
Stopped next door to ask Suzanne to do me a favor and accept the last piece of the blueberry buckle and the rest of the vanilla ice cream, as I don't want it in my place--I might succumb to desire. She accepted it graciously and we chatted for a bit. At 9:00 this morning, she and I will go to WinCo, I'm happy to report. I have bulky items I want to get that are hard to bring home when I'm walking.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...