Thursday, January 23, 2020

Heat And Cold

I finally went to the office to tell them that 1.) my garbage disposal makes a horrible, grinding noise when I turned it on and 2.) the living room is always chilly, even when the heat has been on for hours. Javier was at my door a half-hour later. He discovered that there were two tiny pieces of thick plastic in the disposal, which made the blades screech. I have no idea where they were from; I don't remember anything plastic that would have gone into the sink. Anyway,  it's fixed, I'm happy to record, although I almost never use it, anyway.
As for the heat, Javier replaced the thermostat. I don't know if that had any effect, as it got warmer out and I turned it off anyway, as I almost always can by 10 or 11 am. I'll just have to wait and see. The change did seem to make it a little quieter.
Ran over to Von's for just romaine and came back with romaine, a big cabbage, two rosy apples, and five six-ounce containers of blueberries. Cut up the cabbage, cored and quartered the apples, and put them in the slow cooker.
I called Betty and, happily, she seems to have forgotten  all about the video Wes sent me. That's one compensation for this terrible disease: She'll get very agitated about something or other, then the next time I talk to her, it's gone completely out of her head.  Same thing happened with the Rob Lowe debacle.
After lunch, I bused to town and did the library to Promenade walk. Back at the library, I picked up The Best And The Brightest, which was recommended by a fellow pacifist , particularly for is account of the Vietnam War.
I'm beginning to wonder if what I have is an everyday cold, as it now seems to have taken up residence in my chest. If it doesn't improve soon, I may have to consider calling the doc.


2 comments:

iloveac said...

RBM,
Have you tried Mucinex to break up congestion in your chest? I'm not sure Thera flu works that way. I buy Mucinex in generic form...less expensive.....guiafenesin.
You have to drink lot and lots of water all day for it to work properly and break up any congestion.

Plenty of rest, water, and Vit C.
Hope you feel better soon.

/your favorite no longer registered RN. .AKA Patti

Mimi said...

Thank you, Pat, I'll take your advice.
(As for being registered--you are with me, sweetie!)

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...