Sunday, January 12, 2020

Various Ups And Downers

Did some food prep in the morning with three very large onions. Shredded one in the mandolin, the other two in the Chop Wizard. Labelled and stored in the freezer, they 'll be ready for stir-fry, roasted tomatoes, and whatever else.
Finally, at long last, I did some pesty chores that I had kept putting off: Made a color and cut appointment for February first, applied for the dental credit card, firmed up various reminders on the calendar, and called Gail to invite her to lunch next week (message machine was on).
The best: good grief and happy chickens, I got to the end of Acquisitions! That doesn't mean I'm finished, however; I'll be going it over carefully for revisions and so on, but at least, I have a good working start.
Now Jeff has sent out an open auditions message for a spring production. However, he didn't list the parts open; I messaged him to ask if there are any possibilities for A Lady Of A Certain Age, as the old novelists used to put it.
After lunch, I walked to Sprouts--maybe two and a half miles--but I didn't walk back, but took the 11 bus to the transit center, then the 21 to Victoria near my place. The reason I did that was because I had bought two large net bags of "cuties" (the little tangerines I love with breakfast) which totaled four pounds, plus some blueberries, plus some pretty lights at Pier One and they would have been pretty heavy after two and a half miles.
Got home and Gail had messaged me that she was driving to LA; she'll get back to me later. I want to ask her to join Nancy and me for lunch here on Thursday. I had invited Carolyn B., also; I put at the bottom what she wrote back. It's hard to understand what's going on here, unless you know her. I do and I fear for her emotional and mental health. 
Speaking of mental health: I called Betty to ask if she was available for me to come up on Tuesday (she's always available). Something happened concerning the money paranoia that was more upsetting than almost anything else that has manifested itself with her disease. I don't want to go into it, but it was demoralizing, to put it mildly.
To quote the wicked witch, "What a world, what a world..."
Carolyn B.'s message:
Thanks for the invitation Rosemary, but my life is too crazy now. I'm spending too much time trying to fix a shower and I'm not going to get it done before my son leaves. I have tons of ToastMaster work which I haven't looked at yet.



No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...