Saturday, January 25, 2020

Brindley and Bohemian Rhapsody

I weighed in at 129.5, a 1.2 pound loss from last week. The meeting was the usual mess, but I guess I'm getting soft in my old age, since it didn't drive me as crazy as usual.
Breakfast at 10, then I took my trusty cart and set off for Wal-Mart. Saw adorable little Brindley and her glamorous grandmother (she looks about 30 to me, very slim, beautifully groomed), Andrea, and chatted for a bit. Brindley loves to push her plush kitty in my cart, so I let her do that. Saw her Mommy, Lauren, later and we talked.
I got quite a lot at the supermarket near Wal-Mart and intended to bus home, but nothing came, so I started walking and did the three mile total without really noticing. Suzanne stopped in when I got home to show me pictures of her friend's quilts, which were shown recently in a quilt show. They're gorgeous, especially one that's like a garden with a white fence--just lovely.
Finally got lunch at 2:30, then this and that--I don't really remember what--but bused to town after to take some books back. Didn't get to the library until 4:30 and, instead of walking down Main, then back, as I usually do, I went right back home.and was in for the night at 5:45.
Watched the rest of Bohemian Rhapsody, having surprised myself by liking it a lot.
I must be on one of my periodic show biz/Hollywood kicks: Just finished Tony Curtis'es bio and am now in the middle of Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...