Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Wash And Wal-Mart

Changed the bed, did my bleach wash, and was finished before 10. I worked on some of my plays--I'm now getting into them, and spent several hours on them. So far, I've gotten in shape for Jeff Acquisitions and a monologue; I'll have Fatal Family Reunion done soon, but there's a plot twist I still have to work out. I don't know why, but I can't find When Cooks Confer on my documents. I know I have it in paper form, but hope I don't have to re-type it.
After the sleep-aid debacle on Sunday, I decided to order on-line. Did so and was told I could pick up my order the same day--that is, yesterday, January 27. After lunch, I walked to Wal-Mart and was confronted with another infuriating situation: I asked the person in Returns where the pickup place way and she pointed and said, "in photos." I went back there and asked the clerk for my order. She directed me a few aisles away she said she'd be with me in just a minute. I went to pickup and sat down. I sat there for 16 minutes by the clock and by that time, I was steaming.
Another person--"Sue"--came up and asked what I wanted. She pointed out that there was a button on the counter which would alert somebody. I told her that since the clerk had said she's be right with me, I thought she'd be right with me and I \didn't notice the button. Rather abruptly, she asked what I had ordered and I showed her the order I had printed out. She went to get it, came back, and said it wasn't in. So why did the form say I could pick it up that day?
Oh, the hell with it, I thought, and I went to the pharmacy to check myself. Why yes, there was the sleep-aid I wanted. At this point, I was furious, so I went to a cashier and asked to see the manager. It took another ten minutes, but finally, she came out. I told her what I had experienced and--wonder of wonders, she was courteous, conciliatory, and got me less angry. I told her of my background in HR and asked if the clerks got any training in customer relations. She assured me they did, but it must not have been too extensive.
Home, I went back on-line to cancel and, incredibly, it looked as if the order never went through in the first place. Oh, the hell with it; from now on, I'll just assume there'll be a screw up any time I deal with Wal-Mart and act accordingly.



No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...